Tuesday 19 December 2017

Z takes us to


I can hardly believe that I managed to read my way around the world, stopping off at some amazing places thanks to some wonderful books - it's been an adventure. For our last stop, what better place to finish than in Zante (Zakinthos) with Isabelle Broom's 'My map of you.'
27964722
Holly Wright has had a difficult few years. After her mother's death, she's become expert at keeping people at a distance - including her boyfriend, Rupert.
But when Holly receives an unexpected letter explaining that an aunt she never met has left her a house on the Greek island of Zakynthos, the walls she has built begin to crumble. Arriving on the island, Holly meets the handsome Aidan and slowly begins to uncover the truth about the secret which tore her family apart.
But is the island where Holly really belongs? Or will her real life catch up with her first?


I was attracted to this book for two reasons, firstly it's set in my beloved Greece so immediately grabbed my attention and secondly the premise sounded good too. I wasn't disappointed on either count. This is a lovely read set on Zante ( Zakynthos) and if you haven't been there then this book will go a long way towards you choosing it as your next holiday destination. I loved the characters and the way in which the story developed. There was no sudden ending either but everything played out in its own time. I won't give any spoilers but it's more than just a chicklit book with a HEA - it's moving, sad in parts yet uplifting. A great holiday read at any time of year - don't save it for your holiday, read it now and escape the winter.

Many thanks if you're been following the blog. May you travel to some wonderful places in 2018.


Julie Ryan is the author of the Greek Island mystery series, Jenna's Journey, Sophia's Secret and Pandora's Prophecy. You can find out more about her here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00F0VYX34



No comments:

Post a Comment